Thursday, November 3, 2011

What Gets You Fired Up...

www.IrmaGivens.com
What Gets You Fired Up In All Cylinders?
By Irma Givens

     Today I am totally fired up and ready to get it done, my purpose that is.  My first social media post of the day read, "Good morning! No matter which side of the bed you woke up on, it does NOT matter. You are equipped with everything you need to serve a greater purpose. Hold your head high, put your armor on, set your eyes on victory, block distractions, dodge negativity, aim high & keep marching! Let's get it done!!!"

     I had to ask myself a number of times, OK more than a small number of times, what is it that gets me all fired up.  Initially, I had all these random and even petty answers that really did not answer the question.  So, I kept asking and kept searching.  I evaluated what things I liked, which ones I really liked and noted those that I loved.  Soon I was able, not only to put my finger on what I was passionate about but, I was able to tell others.

     There is something that just makes you smile brighter, walk taller, laugh louder, jump higher and want to sing and dance in the aisles.  That something, no matter what it is for you is the something that you need to be doing.  Even if only part-time initially that's a great place to start.  You might be asking yourself, how do I do that.  Well, perhaps the first step is to find someone who is doing that thing that you have a desire to do and volunteer, seek that individual as a mentor and gain as much knowledge as you possibly can about it. 

     Don't hesitate, begin seeking your passion and your purpose today.  Time wasted cannot be regained.  Besides don't you want to start doing what you love right away?  I know from experience there is no greater feeling than doing what you love and living life on purpose with passion.  It's a freedom like none other.  So, I urge you to put down this article and get started now.  Here's to you living your life on purpose!!

No comments:

Post a Comment