Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trust








A little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.
The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter:
"Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river." The little girl said:
"No, Dad. You hold my hand."
"What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.

"There's a big difference," replied the little girl.
"If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go."

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond. So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold yours...

I had a conversation with a young man today and he asked how to get someone to trust him again.  I said well the apology has to come first but that's not where the real work begins.  The real work comes when you start to change the attitude and actions that caused the distrust in the beginning.  It's the actions that will regain trust.  I said, "you cannot continue with business as usual, doing the same old stuff!"  Instead, start with being a person of your word.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.  If you are going to promise something...for crying out loud do it!  He said I try.  Try won't get it alone, you must under promise and over deliver each and every time.  Your word is all you have and too often it is used and abused.  Stand on your word and do what you say you are going to do.  Otherwise, talk is cheap and eventually you word means nothing at all. Peace & love, Irma ~ Click here to visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment