Friday, December 3, 2010

OMG! The Year is Over & I Need to Finish


OMG! The Year is Over & I Need to Finish
By Irma Givens
http://www.IrmaSpeaks.com/

The pressure is on; after all it is December. We start out every year with resolutions, goals, dreams and great expectations that the year ahead will be better than the previous one. That’s wonderful, new beginnings give us such energy. However, the pressure mounts as the year comes to a close. We start to reflect on the twelve months prior and begin asking ourselves, what have I accomplished and where has the time gone. Don’t beat yourself up over the next four weeks. Start small & look back on all the steps you took in the direction of your goals and dreams. Pat yourself on the back for each of those steps. Maybe you didn’t reach your biggest goal; it’s not the end of the world. Hey, you may not have even come close but remember, the year is ending, you are still alive. You have another opportunity to make your dream your reality.

I start with the same notebook that I wrote my goals and dreams in at the start of the year. I go through it carefully, line by line. I make note of every step I made toward each goal and I put purple stars next to the goals that I achieved. I put a red plus sign next to those that still need my attention. I highlight those that I started but didn’t finish. I then re-write the four that I can accomplish in four weeks on separate sheets of paper, in the same notebook. On each of those four pages I make a to-do list. After you have done this, the clock starts to tick. Get in gear and start now. Remember to celebrate your successes along the way and trust me, you will feel so much better knowing that you tied up some of those loose ends.

Going into the New Year, put these steps in place:
Decide ( Make up your mind)
Set Goals & Continue Setting Goals (You MUST write them down)
Make your goals meaningful to you & measureable
Monitor your progress at least weekly
For each goal, write a list of steps you need to take in order to get there
Reward yourself for completing the steps (Choose healthy rewards)
Share your goal with someone who will hold you accountable & who will cheer for you
Do NOT allow haters to derail your plan
Put reminders on your calendar on your computer, cell phone & refrigerator
Post affirmations on your mirror so that you will see them & say them daily

Here’s to your success. You can do it! For more information or to contact Irma Givens email: info@IrmaSpeaks.com and visit http://www.IrmaSpeaks.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment